We might not be traveling as much right now as we would like but there are still times when we need to be on the go. More than any other possession, someone’s chosen form of transportation may be tied to their personality. Are you a skater, a mod, a rocker, or a jetsetter? What is a biker without a motorcycle? Beyond helping to show who we are, our vehicles also bring us to each other and help us connect. Let’s celebrate our favorite modes of transportation by making some accessories for them!
It’s time to put your design skills to use and make accessories for our bikes, cars, skateboards, boats, planes, roller skates, motorcycles, busses, scooters, trains, pogo sticks, or however you choose to get around. These accessories don’t have to be used while on the move but can’t create a safety hazard while in use. Here are some designs if you are looking for some inspiration.
|Skateboard Wall Holder|
|Airplane Device Holder||OneWheel Fender|
As a reminder, if any of the designs from your fellow community members catch your eye, don’t forget to post pictures of your makes to help earn those sweet PrusaMeters!
Our first place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ Kit.
We once again are giving you all a chance to help award some prizes too. We want to see your makes of these designs and the five entries with the most makes (who are not also main prize winners) will each receive a $50 voucher to our E-Shop.
- Overall quality of the model.
- Printability – whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – if your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer in order to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to PrusaPrinters.org and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button next to your name on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “Transportation” contest. After that your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…) and don’t forget to add the #PrusaPrinters hashtag. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from Jan 26th, 2022 to March 6th, 2022.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded after the contest has started.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to PrusaPrinters for a minimum of one year. The Prusa team reserves the right to repost your design if it is removed before the end of that year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please no reposting other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or an attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.
- Results are at the judges discretion and all results are final.