The end-of-the-year holidays are right around the corner and it’s time for our annual holiday decoration competition. While Christmas often gets the most attention, this competition is for all the winter holidays, Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanza, Solstice, or whichever holidays you choose to celebrate in December. With all the great iconography and traditions surrounding these holidays, there is plenty of inspiration available, so it comes as no surprise that this competition is always one of our most popular.
Keep in mind that while tree ornaments tend to be the most common entries, there are plenty of other decorations that count as valid entries. We would love to see holiday meal table centerpieces, door decorations, stocking hangers, or any other none tree-based decorations. If you are looking for more inspiration, take a look at the entries in the Holiday contests of the past few years.
We know many of you have already started pumping out your holiday designs and might be concerned about if they will be valid entries to the contest, don’t worry, yes they are. We are allowing any holiday-related designs from the beginning of November to the end of the year to be entered.
Here are some more past entries for inspiration.
|Christmas Ball Multi Layer Ornament|
|Pull-String Nut Cracker|
|Wavy Bauble – Vase mode||Menorah|
Our first-place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ Kit.
You all have a chance to help award some prizes too. We want to see your makes of these designs and the five entries with the most makes (who are not also main prize winners) will each receive 350 Prusameters good for filament and other awesome prizes.
- Overall quality of the model.
- Printability – Whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, and prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – If your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
- Photo quality – Well-lit, in focus, and clear photos help show off your work and help us pick the best designs.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to Printables.com and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button just bellow the download button on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “2022 Holiday Decorations” contest. After that, your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…), and don’t forget to add @printablescom. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from November 24th, 2022 to December 31st, 2022.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded on or after the 1st of November 2022.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to Printables.com for a minimum of one year. The Prusa team reserves the right to repost your design if it is removed before the end of that year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please no reposting other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.
- Submitting entries that do not fit the contest criteria will result in disqualification and repeated offenses may disqualify you from future contests.
- Results are at the judge’s discretion and all results are final.