For many of us, the cold months are upon us which means even beyond the ongoing need to stay away from others due to the pandemic, we will be spending a lot of time in our homes. What better time than now to get things in order and do some organization!
Contest theme: Organization Tools
We’ve seen some amazing organization solution from you guys during our past contests like the upcycled Prusament spool Sorting Tower or the Flexible Hook Rail from our Pandemic challenge. Projects like these helped inspire us that it was time to create a contest that focused entirely on organization to see what you all come up with. So let’s see your tool holders, your small parts storage bins, and maybe even a cool modular plywood or dowel shelving system.
Up for grabs we have a Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ kit for the top spot.
2 spools of Prusament for third.
Another five designers with the highest amount of Likes (Hearts) count will earn a voucher worth USD 50 for any products from our e-shop. (Likes will be counted 48 hours past the contest deadline).
For a little added fun we are going to give away 2 spools to the project that provides the most unique specialized organization for something incredibly specific.
Deadline for entries: February 21st, 2021, 23:59 UTC.
The best models will be selected by a jury of Prusa Research employees. Winners will be contacted by email and the results will be published here on our blog.
The main evaluation criteria will be:
- Overall quality of the model
- Printability – whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – if your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy is to assemble the final product.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions:
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer in order to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to PrusaPrinters.org and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You can do it the same way you add a model to a Collection. Click the Add to collection button next to the model and select the first item in the list, which is the name of the currently running competition. By ticking the checkbox next to “Organization Tools” you finalize submitting the model into the competition and your print will be shown on the contest page.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…) and don’t forget to add the #PrusaPrinters hashtag. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from January 6th, 2021 to February 21st, 2021 23:59 UTC.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded after the contest has started.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or an attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.