We are all super excited about the rename of our 3D file repository from PrusaPrinters to Printables. The community also seems to be pleased with the name, helping us win some converts who were confused by the old name. Some of you though have pointed out some humor in the new name dubbing it Print Tables, so let’s embrace that and print some tables!
This contest is all about using 3D printing to help make furniture. Beyond the puns, we will accept, stools, chairs, floor lamps, benches, shelves, or any other piece of furniture that you can come up with. We don’t expect that you will be printing the full design, you can include other components like wood, metal, glass, etc., but the design must include at least one printed part.
If you are looking for some inspiration, I suggest taking a look at the work of Alexandre Chappel who has a number of 3D printed furniture projects. Check out our episode of PrusaLive featuring Alexandre to see learn more. Watch the full episode bellow or jump straight to Alexandre’s segment here.
Here are a few great examples we found on Printables already.
|Hexagon Shelf||Multipurpose Table|
Our first place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ Kit.
You all have a chance to help award some prizes too. We want to see your makes of these designs and the five entries with the most makes (who are not also main prize winners) will each receive a $50 voucher to our E-Shop.
- Overall quality of the model.
- Printability – Whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – If your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
- Photo quality – Well lit, in focus, and clear photos help show off your work and help us pick the best designs.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer in order to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to Printables.com and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button next to your name on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “Print Tables” contest. After that your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…) and don’t forget to add @printablescom. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from April 6th, 2022 to May 15th, 2022.
- You can submit any number of models (unique) to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded after the contest has started.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to Printables.com for a minimum of one year. The Prusa team reserves the right to repost your design if it is removed before the end of that year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please no reposting other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or an attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.
- Submitting entries that do not fit the contest criteria will result in disqualification and repeated offenses may disqualify you from future contests.
- Results are at the judges discretion and all results are final.