Every maker is always on the lookout to improve and optimize their 3D printing experience. Now it’s the time to heat things up a bit, and we are not talking just our printing beds. We are announcing another big contest and this time, we are looking for unique, self-designed, and self-tested enclosure modifications and improvements for the Original Prusa Enclosure!
We’re interested in seeing functional designs that can augment the capabilities of our Modular box – perhaps you’ve devised an ingenious tool holder, illuminated your enclosure with custom LED lighting, improved filament feeding, or even increase the aesthetic appeal of the box. But remember, we’re looking for add-ons that enhance the Original Prusa Enclosure’s performance or usability, not just decorations.
Looking for inspiration? Consider baggins’ practical approach, who added a tool organizer to his enclosure. It fits on the side, holding all the necessary tools neatly, requiring just two M3 screws for attachment. While this is a handy and functional add-on, keep in mind that the competition is fierce and you might want to think bigger to secure the top spot. Take, for example, the Prusa Mini Base offering maximum functionality and storage space. This stylish and functional four-legged modification not only saves space but organizes extras in an efficient manner. Aim for innovation and practicality on this level to stand out in the Enclosure Modifications contest!
In order to facilitate your design process, we’ve provided all necessary technical documentation for the Original Prusa Enclosure. You can access the printable parts and detailed metal part drawings at Printables.com. Utilize these resources to ensure your add-ons are a perfect fit!
Let these examples fuel your creativity:
|Sheet holder for original Prusa Enclosure|
|Holder for XP Power external PSU|
|Cablemanagement Original Prusa Enclosure||Original Prusa Enclosure Door Stop|
Our first-place winner will receive a brand new Original Prusa MK4 Kit!
You all have a chance to help award some prizes too. We want to see your makes of these designs and the five entries with the most makes (who are not also main prize winners) will each receive 350 Prusameters good for filament and other awesome prizes.
- The overall quality of the model.
- Printability – Whether the model has an optimal orientation, whether it is divided into multiple parts so it can be printed more easily (without supports) etc.
- Originality – If you create something truly unique, it will be rated better than a slightly altered existing model.
- Popularity – Share your model to increase its popularity, and prove that users appreciate such a model.
- Your other works – In case we can’t decide between two favorite designs, we often check your other models to see what you can do.
- Assembly instructions – If your model consists of multiple parts, we check how easy it is to assemble the final product.
- Photo quality – Well-lit, in-focus, and clear photos help show off your work and help us pick the best designs.
How to participate?
It’s easy to participate in this competition. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Design and create a model or improve an already existing one (“remix”) so that the result fits the theme of this contest. The model has to be printable on an FFF/FDM or SLA 3D printer (any manufacturer and model). This also means that you don’t need to own a 3D printer to participate. When creating the model, keep in mind the pros and cons of various types of 3D printing technologies and what can and can’t be actually done.
- Upload the model to Printables.com and make sure it contains:
- Model in .3MF or .STL file format (print files are optional)
- Photo or render of the model (ideally both)
- Model description
- Add the model to the contest. You will find the new competition button just below the download button on the print’s page after you publish your print. Click the Compete medal and select the “Enclosure Modifications” contest. After that, your print will be shown on the contest page and you will be in the running.
Of course, you can share your model on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest,…), and don’t forget to add @printablescom. This can help increase the popularity of the model.
Terms and conditions
- The contest runs from July 26, 2023, to August 26, 2023.
- You can submit up to 5 unique models to the competition and increase your chances of winning.
- Models submitted to the contest must be new models that have been uploaded on or after the 1st of July 2023.
- The model must contain at least one printed part.
- By entering the contest, you agree to keep your model posted to Printables.com for a minimum of one year. The Prusa team reserves the right to repost your design if it is removed before the end of that year.
- You must be the original creator of the model you upload, please do not repost other people’s models from other sites.
- We reserve the right to terminate the competition or change the conditions of the competition at any time. In case of violation of the terms and conditions or attempted fraud, the competitor will be disqualified.
- Submitting entries that do not fit the contest criteria will result in disqualification and repeated offenses may disqualify you from future contests.
- Results are at the judge’s discretion and all results are final.